Monday, September 17, 2007

My cat Greebo



Greebo is exact representation of the Terry Pratchett's Unadulterated Cat. I found him when he was about 4-5 months old. It was 4 years ago. He was wandering around the university's dorms. A friend of mine had 2 cats then. Someone brought Greebo to her but her cats didn't like him. I decided to took him with me until I find him a home(as always happens). He was my first cat. I dont count here my parents cat - the siamese Tigra - she was the love of my life but she is dead.
Greebo was total opposite of my lovely siamese, he was crazy and he didn't trust people. I have a room mate and he liked her a lot, and for my luck she also liked Greebo and I hadn't any problems. It was forbidden to have a pet and I kept him in secret. And of course everyone liked my sweet(when he wishes) cat Greebo. He looked so sweet and innocent that three or four times other students stole him from me. I had no problems, if they had just ask. But ... some days after they stole him they arrived to me to return him with the words - "Here is your monster" or something like this. And of course there were a lot of scratches and bite traces. Maybe I am the only person he didn't bite.
Here are some pics from when he was young and look so sweet - only outside. He was my little monster.






After that he adopted my two little kittens Loki and Garfield - he was like a mother cat for them.


But all the time he was too lonely. Just wanted to go outside and to make all kind of cat's stuff. It was then when I started to promise him to find him a new home with a garden and a lot of free going out and in cats and so on. I just wanted to buy a house but back than I have no opportunity. But opportunity for Greebo became real one day when the aunt of my boyfriend said that she wants a cat. She lives in a small town almost without any traffic, she has a beautiful house and garden.
It was one year ago when I open the transportation cage and let him out. First day he was locked only in the house with us and his new owner. And the next day we open the front door. And he was so happy - he went around, met a lot of other cats, he didn't fight any of them. I thought he will start fighting but I was wrong. He was friendly to anything in the area. Here are some pics




A few months ago we went to see him. He has two girls at the age of 13 to plays with and he can go outside and anywhere he wants. He come to see us, but shortly he stole some meet and rush outside. I think he is the happiest of my cats. Currently I am looking for a new home for us all - away from cars in a peaceful place with a nice scenery. The cats are not creatures for indoor living they need real sun and real grass and other cats and so on.


Tomorrow I hope I'll have time to tell the story of my crazy Kleo(yellow duck, stupid cat and so on)

No comments: